7.10.2008

S.A.M stands for?

Hello kids! Welcome again to another session of the Spell-It-Right for beginners! Today we're going to spell something out of the ordinary. What is it? Yep, you've guess it right! The word is:

S.A.M

Well, let's repeat it all over again.

S.A.M

S.A.M is spelled as s.a.m. It stands for South Australian Matriculation. What's that? AUSMAT? No, no, SAM is different than AUSMAT. Okay, end of session.

I'm just bored so I thought I should do some explaining on what I'll be taking in Taylor's College.
Mind you, these are taken from the SAM websites since I myself have no idea what I'm going through. So bear with me ok? :DS

An International Passport to Learning

The South Australian Matriculation (S•A•M) program is an internationally recognised one-year pre-university matriculation program administered by the Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia (SSABSA). Now known as SACE Board of South Australia.

It provides an opportunity for students to study in their own country and build upon their local pre-matriculation studies. It is now the most popular Australian-based pre-university program in Malaysia, where it has been taught since 1982. It is now also being taught in China.

Students who successfully complete the S•A•M are accredited with the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE), an award that is recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) . Students are provided with a university aggregate score (out of 90 marks) and a tertiary entrance rank (TER), a percentile ranking that is recognised without modification by all tertiary selection agencies in Australia, and used by universities around the world to select students for degree courses.

The S•A•M Program has given more than 25,000 students access to the SACE in their own country and has led to their acceptance by universities across the world, including in Australia, India, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.

Advantages

The S•A•M offers:

  • proven learning techniques tailored to university study
  • a balanced choice of subjects leading to a variety of university degree courses
  • a mixture of school assessments and external examinations that assess students fairly
  • the flexibility for students to complete the program over an extended period
  • an opportunity for students to increase their tertiary entrance rank by repeating subjects without penalty.
The courses that I would be taking is;

-English as a Second Language/English studies
-Mathematics (I hope it's not another calculus)
-Economics
-Accounting
-Legal Studies

Don't play-play with me, I know the laws. Haha :D

I can't say I understand it so well, but I believe 50% of the final exam marks is contributed by the assignments, quizzes, tasks and etc. and the other 50% is from the final exam?.... and here is the part I'm confused.

Anyway, for a Law Studies, 60% of the final exam marks is contributed by the assignments, paper works, quizzes while for Accounting Studies, it is 70%.

So, Medical students! How much is your ratio?

Tata XD

Categories:

0 coretan:

Post a Comment

This box must be used with care.